Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Some entertainment for the day

After delaying for quite a while, we finally decided to agree with our neighbor about taking this tree in our backyard (right on the fence-line) down. (I didn't think to take a picture until after they had started).
Considering that the trees is what Martin loved about our property when we bought it, this was no small decision :) But it was a pretty high and top-heavy tree - and I admit, I got a little scared anytime we had some significant wind come through.
They started at about 9, and were finished by 5 - all evidence except for a bit of sawdust gone. Pretty good, if you ask me!
Justin enjoyed watching them work.
The even more open view of the mountains is fantastic... hopefully we won't miss the shade in our backyard too much in the summer!

1 comment:

The W's said...

I love your header photo - so sweet. You have an incredible view from your yard!! WOW. Love the mountains. Maybe one of these days I can come over for tea :)