Friday, March 11, 2011

Some random thoughts...

...because it's been a while :)
These beautiful flowers (my very favorite kind) are thanks to my secret pal who spoiled me for a year! It was fun to finally find out who she was - I had no idea this time! It's so much fun when I can't guess :)
My new secret pal has already spoiled me with a super thoughtful gift. I think she's fantastic already! I love the secret pal thing we do at church. Not only cause it's fun to be thought of in extra little ways, but mostly cause it's fun to think of fun little surprises for the person I have!
That nice little cold bug has been making its rounds at our house too these last few weeks. Of the 3 of us, it seems to like me the most, and isn't quite ready to leave - even though I'm past ready! It's not so bad though, especially if I start looking at some of the crosses others are bearing, and so while I look forward to feeling better, I'm trying to keep it all in perspective.
Justin is nearing his 2nd birthday, and I really just can't figure out where this past year went! It's amazing how fast it goes. I hope to share a few pictures of the past year next week when we celebrate his birthday. Maybe if I promise another post I'll actually do it? :)
We are on the countdown now to meeting Baby #2!! Hard to believe we have less than 10 weeks until my due date. In many ways, this pregnancy has gone incredibly fast. For the most part, I'm feeling well, though I'm starting to feel those normal aches and pains of the third trimester. I've also developed gestational diabetes, which has been a bit of an adjustment, but we are thankful for good medical care that not only caught it, but also is helping me to manage it. I do get some extra ultrasounds out of the deal, and I kind of like that idea :)
I've made my "list" of things I'd like to have ready before the baby comes, and so between the regular stuff of life, we're trying to chip away at that. One of those things is moving Justin into a "big" bed, so we'll see how that goes! We're open to tips to make that a smooth and happy transition for him :)
One last thing to share - and that's about the study we're doing with our women's Bible study. If you ever want an eye-opening and soul-searching study, may I recommend "Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins we Tolerate" by Jerry Bridges. I'm so grateful for a group of women to get into God's Word with.
And I guess that's all for today :)

4 comments:

Heather VMS said...

Glad to hear you're doing "mostly" well! Still waiting to see a baby bump picture :-)

Angela Pollard said...

Hey! We're doing the exact same bible study with our ladies group!! This book has been so humbling to me and has shown me just how short I fall to being Christ like. All I can say is, praise God for his grace and loving mercy!!! So great to here that things are going well with you and its hard to believe that Justin is going to be 2!! Totally excited for you both as you await the arrival of your little bundle of joy. We will be praying that all goes well.

Greta and Gary said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!! It was always no fun having a cold when pregnant since it makes it very hard to breathe. I can't believe Justin is turning 2 already! Wow, time flies. Have fun getting him into a big bed.

Carla said...

I love your flowers!
Big "boy" bed or in our case switching the girls over to their big "girl" bed was pretty easy.....we just threw a mattress down on the floor for a few months so they wouldn't fall far if they fell, but they were just super excited to get into one so I'm sure Justin will be too! :)
Looking forward to seeing your past year with Justin pictures.