Monday, July 6, 2009

I discovered...

...that I really enjoy digital scrapbooking! I've been thinking about doing this for a while - but didn't have a good program for it, and just wasn't sure if I'd like it. Our adoption profile had to include some picture pages, and I had to make several copies of it, so I figured it would be a good time to try it out. A friend of mine let me know about a great Costco coupon that made the program I wanted (Photoshop Elements) much less expensive - which is always nice :). Then another friend of mine told me about an online course that was super helpful! I'd recommend it to anyone that uses photoshop.
What I love about digital scrapbooking:
  • you can make anything any color you want
  • all the freebies you can download - free paper, embellishments, etc, etc!
  • you can do so much more with your pictures
  • it's way faster (for me anyways)
  • NO MESS!!!! I think this is my favorite part. I can work for awhile - then just save it and close the program - no pile of papers sitting on the table for days until I finish the layout!

Here's a couple of the layouts I made while taking the course:

8 comments:

Greta and Gary said...

great pages:)

Anonymous said...

good job! maybe one day i'll try it :) ~ Elena

Unknown said...

Hah Hah. I signed up to the same course. Just having a little issue with feeling creative lately.
Great job on the pages!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wieska! I having been trying to "find" you so that I can wish you a happy birthday and this was the only place I knew to look!! It is wonderful to see what you are up to. Sounds like lots of great things are going on. I just wanted to wish you a wonderful birthday. May this year be the best one yet!

~Paula

Willetta Les said...

fabulous pages, Wieska!
another bonus is that you don't feel guilty only using one picture on a layout (at least for me)... have you printed any pages yet? I find Costco the best and cheapest and they do 12x12 :)

Willetta Les said...

oh! and Happy Birthday - thought of you today as we celebrated Dave's 30th... enjoy your last year in the 20's :)

Leanne O said...

Those look really great, Wieska!

Loraena Tuttle said...

these are beautiful! I really need to get photoshop too.