Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A couple projects and a smile

Believe it or not, in the middle of the time of waiting for Justin to come home, we had some time that we had to fill - and we thought we might as well make it productive time! Martin had a few days off at that time because of the Christmas/New Years holidays, so he took the opportunity to make our coffee table. It is almost finished being sanded, and then is ready for staining. We were pretty excited about how that turned out!

I used some of those evenings to make a diaper bag with some of the extra fabric I had from Justin's crib quilt... and was pretty excited about how that turned out too! (I used this pattern.)

And, just cause now that our life isn't the same without our little guy, a blog post without a new picture of him wouldn't be the same either, right? I think this is the best ever smile caught on camera. He gives them to us lots... just not usually for the camera... enjoy! :)

8 comments:

Marian said...

Congratulations! Your little boy is so cute. Wishing you the Lord's blessing as you bring Justin up.

Carla said...

Way to go Martin on the coffee table, looks good.
I think Wieska I'll have to get you to sew me a new diaper bag one day :)
Also Justins smile is so precious
makes me want to come and squish him with a good hug.

Elena said...

love the coffee table! very nice! and i still plan to come give your little guy a cuddle... Em has a bad cold now and allan has the flu, so unfortunately it might not happen in the next few days. hopefully soon!

Leanne O said...

dear Justin,
your smile just made me smile! What a wonderful way to start my day.
Love, Aunty Leanne
Ps. Your Daddy is good at building stuff. The coffee table looks very good! How long do you think it will take for Mommy to settle on a stain color?

Kathy said...

The coffee table looks great!! And Justin's smile made my day!!

Michelle Vandepol said...

you guys are super talented :) hugs to justin :)

Anonymous said...

OOOOHHHHH...he's sooo cute!

Angela

PS Love the table and diaper bag too! Quite the talented family:)

Jennifer Lynn said...

What an adorable little guy! Great smile! Also - great job on the diaper bag...I've used that pattern too. Enjoy using it!