Friday, May 30, 2008

Another little project I've been working on...

I've told some of you that I've been working on a little project... and here it finally is! For the past couple years, I've tried to put a recipe binder for my friends who are getting married. It was something that someone did for me, and I am really glad I have a binder to store all the recipes I get from the internet or from friends, or where ever.
I use a binder that has those clear pockets on it so that I can decorate the front cover - just to make it a bit more fun.
I've been asked to give a bit more detail about the projects I put up on the blog, so here are a few of the details:
You'll recognize the paper from the little monkey card I posted a while back - from wild asparagus. I traced the flowers from a chipboard stencil I bought from the dollar store, and then used my Coluzzle circle cutter to cut the centers for the flowers. I also used my Coluzzle for the ring in the top corner. By the way... I think this is the best circle cutting system ever! I love how it has a whole bunch of sizes in one little template, as opposed to a punch where you only get one size.
I used my scalloped scissor for the blue strip, and used my paper piercing tool to make the little holes in it.
The word "recipe" (for both the front and the side) was printed onto cardstock on the computer - I typed each letter in a textbox, and made the background color of the boxes brown. I cut them down to size after printing them, and then I sanded each square just cause I like the texture it gave.
Hmmm... i don't really know what other details to give. I think the rest of the project is pretty self-explanatory.

Hope you have a good weekend! We're planning to do some yard work and have a youth event - we're looking forward to both!

No comments: