Friday, April 11, 2008

More music at our house!

I got a new violin! I used to play (when I was 7 or 8), but haven't really thought about it since then. Until this past Christmas. We went to the Micheal W. Smith concert - it was a classical Christmas concert including a 60-some piece orchestra. I didn't know I liked that kind of music!! Anyways, I saw the violinists, and it really made me want to pick it up again. So, after thinking about it for a while, we decided I could rent one for a month. I got the first Suzuki book in the series, and just started playing. I love it!!! Martin is patient with my amateur playing, and we've even played a few songs together! (He has a keyboard that he loves to play.) I'm trying to be patient with myself; as with everything else, I want to be good at it right away! I might eventually get a few lessons to improve my technique - but for now I'll just go on teaching myself. Anyways, since the month went good, we decided that I could go ahead and buy my own... it's just a really basic one - but it will do the trick for now.

1 comment:

Joel said...

Hi folks,

It looks like I'm the first to comment on your new blog. Great stuff that you're playing the violin. I played it for a year when I was in grade 8. It's a fun instrument to play - maybe sometime the MOWO'S can do a concert, go on tour, you know. If you come here, we'll rent a hall.