Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thinking of you...

I made this little "thinking of you" card a few days ago. I had seen a this contest on the weekend, and was hoping to get the card finished in time for it, but that didn't work out. I just couldn't sit inside working on the card on Saturday when it was so beautiful outside!! The contest required that you use 4 specific colors for the card - there were no other specifications... so this is what I came up with. I was pretty happy with the result!The colors were Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green and Soft Sky. I didn't have the exact colors by the company but I found my own that worked pretty closely. I liked what the muted pattern on the green paper added to my card. The little flower stamps are from a set from wal-mart I think, and the butterfly is from a Close to my Heart set. I inked the edges of the white cardstock before mounting them on to the colored paper. I punched some orange eyelets through the green strip across the top and then tied the little squares to that. The "thinking of you" sentiment was just printed on the computer, and then I inked the edge of that too. Each piece that's placed on the light blue is attached with a little piece of double-sided foam tape (I get mine from the dollar store in the hardware section) - just cause I like the effect of the paper being slightly raised. At one point, I asked Martin if I should use green or orange eyelets for the top (I just wanted another opinion) and he was at a loss - this card thing just isn't for him :)

1 comment:

Andrea DV said...

Way to go Wieska! Looks awesome. I really missed Bible Study this morning, :( but my boys weren't feeling so good first thing this morning. The blog looks great, I'll be visiting often! :)