Monday, April 14, 2008

Birthday Cake!

Yesterday was Martin's birthday! He likes the celebration to be on the simple side... so we did just that. My parents took us out for dinner one night, and then we had Martin's family over for Sunday dinner last night. Seeing the strawberries out lately, I decided to make a Strawberry Mousse Cake. I combined a couple of recipes for that - one for the cake - and one for the mousse. Martin thinks I'm crazy to be taking pictures of everything these days, but I just think they're fun things to share. Tomorrow I'll share a little project I made for someone a little while ago!
Here's the links to the recipes I used:
For the cake: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/242107 (this whole recipe actually looks good too - maybe someday I'll try it!)
For the mousse (& the cake assembly): http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/print?id=8393 (if I could master sponge cake, I'd use this cake recipe too... but for some reason, mine never turn out - that's why I used the other cake recipe)

No comments: